100Wc

Goal – to make it as close to 100 words as possible

“NEXT” said the person who was running the show “SO WHAT IS YOUR INVENTION” “well I call it the hamster plane, this is how it works two of my hamsters will be running a hamster ball which would produce energy and make the plane fly and i also invented a button that makes the world explode” I said “SO WHY DID YOU MAKE THESE?” “well let me show you” I quickly pressed the button “Now before the world explodes get into the plane” “WHY DID YOU DO THAT” “Just get in quick so we can test the plane out. Everybody got in the hamsters started running in their balls Although they ran quickly, they were still not making enough progress. “Oh no” I said “that isn’t enough hamsters” “BOOOMM”

2 thoughts on “100Wc

1. antsclass April 22, 2018 / 10:27 am

Igor,
    this is such a great idea for a funny little tale! I love the way your characters force people to take the plane, but then things don’t go according to plan. It’s funny and full of suspense.
    One thing you should look at developing is how you set out dialogue.
    When one person talks after another, it is important to drop down a line for each new speaker-this makes it easier for the reader to hear the different voices talking back and forth. It would look like this:

“NEXT” said the person who was running the show, “SO WHAT IS YOUR INVENTION?”
    “well I call it the hamster plane, this is how it works. Two of my hamsters will be running a hamster ball which would produce energy and make the plane fly …and i also invented a button that makes the world explode” I said
    “SO WHY DID YOU MAKE THESE?”
    “well let me show you” I quickly pressed the button “Now before the world explodes get into the plane”
    “WHY DID YOU DO THAT”
    “Just get in quick so we can test the plane out.”
    Everybody got in. The hamsters started running in their balls. Although they ran quickly, they were still not making enough progress.! Oh no” I said “that isn’t enough hamsters”

“BOOOMM!!!”

Do you see how it works?
    Great story Igor-I loved reading it,
    Ant

2. callum2017 April 23, 2018 / 8:17 am

I like how your story’s characters want to do one thing but it doesn’t go according to plan. Next time you could add more juicy words.

Great Work Igor!